Letter to Director General Sports Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Right to Information Commission Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

 

Subject: Urgent Request for Information Under Right to Information Act, 2013 Regarding District Sports Office Peshawar Activities and Employees

 

Dear Director General Sports Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Right to Information Commission Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,

 

I am writing to you today as a citizen and journalist, exercising my right to information under the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Right to Information Act, 2013. I am requesting information regarding the activities and employees of the District Sports Office Peshawar for the year 2022 and beyond.

Previously Submitted Requests:

On April 2023, I submitted a formal request for information under the RTI Act to the District Sports Office Peshawar regarding the following:

 

Number of sports activities and tournaments organized in 2022.

Number of participating players from Peshawar in these activities.

Transport and dinner allowance (TADA) paid to players.

Number of sponsors and competitions organized by the district government and sports directorate.

Number of employees, their positions, salaries, tenure, and permanency status.

Number of employees dismissed in 2023.

Number of registered sports clubs in 2022 and currently.

Unfortunately, I did not receive any response to my initial request. Subsequently, in October 2023, I filed an appeal with the Right to Information Commission Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, highlighting the lack of response from the District Sports Office Peshawar.

Current Situation and Urgent Appeal:

It is now January 23, 2024, and ten months have passed since my initial request. I am deeply concerned about the delay in accessing this public information. The inability of a sports directorate to obtain records from its own district office raises serious questions about transparency and accountability. Additionally, the delay from both the District Sports Office Peshawar and the Right to Information Commission is disheartening, as it undermines the very purpose of the RTI Act, which is to empower citizens and promote transparency in government operations.

Therefore, I urge you to take immediate action to address this matter and provide me with the requested information under the RTI Act, 2013. I request that you:

Direct the District Sports Office Peshawar to provide the requested information within a specific timeframe.

Investigate the reasons for the initial delay and take appropriate action to prevent such occurrences in the future.

Inform me of the status of my appeal with the Right to Information Commission and the steps being taken to expedite its resolution.

I believe that access to information is essential for a healthy democracy and for holding public institutions accountable. I hope that you will take my request seriously and ensure that I receive the information I am entitled to under the law.

 

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

 

Sincerely,

 

Musarrat Ullah Jan

 

Citizen and Journalist

 

03459193242

03340045200

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Govt urge open wedding halls in KP, owners

Demand for an inquiry into the contracts and contracts awarded in the previous regime

Mohmand Bajaur Aman Cycle Race Promotes Peace and Local Talent